Safety and security

Home insurance

Your building is covered by a full value insurance. This, however, will not compensate for any of your private property damaged in a fire, property stolen from your storage unit outside the apartment or damage to furniture caused by a water leak. To be compensated for damage caused by reasons like these, you will need a home insurance policy. It is a good idea to take out the home insurance policy when organising your move into a new home.

Smoke alarm

Under the Finnish Rescue Act, it is your duty as the occupant to ensure that your home is equipped with a functioning smoke alarm. You should check at least once in every couple of months that the smoke alarm works properly. Also make sure the smoke alarm is installed correctly and in the correct place in your home. To read more about the installation and testing of smoke alarms go here.